Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do you think women look less professional without makeup?

I will be graduating from Law School next month, and want opinions on having a professional appearance. If you were a juror or client, what would you think of a female attorney without makeup?Do you think women look less professional without makeup?
It's hard in our culture because a polished look has come to be synonomous with full face make up and styled hair. The good news is that lately ';Sheer'; is in. I still think it is better and more professional to wear make up but this new trend means that you can wear a more sheer foundation and light colors for a more natural look and look fabulous. Depending on your skin type foundation is always a must (I recommend a foundation that turns to powder for one step easy application), mascara can be worn with out eye liner these days for a more sheer look and then lip gloss with a slight color. Bronzer for cheeks if you are super white like me and.. even though you will have make up on, you will not look overdone.Do you think women look less professional without makeup?
Honestly i do!! I think that makeup will help anyone, but not too much. When wearing make up, your enhancing your natural beauty, so you want your make up to look natural! Now I'm going to give you my honest opinion. I think that when women don't wear makeup, they look lazy to me. Like they can't take the time everyday to make themselves look good.
looking good at job is necessary , but a little is ok , Ur a female .
Well... if your Young than cosmetics aren't so important, but if you are a bit older than cosmetics is what you need. Good looking people always feel good to.
all women look better with less makeup.


but if done correctly it looks ok its only a problem when its put on with a trowel
Personally I'd be much more impressed in either case, by an attorney without make-up.


';Makeup'; = cosmetic = changing the superficial view to present a flattering/false impression. I'd rather be defended by someone who showed they were not afraid of the truth and as a juror I'd be more inclined to believe an attorney who was not obviously ';out to impress';.


You did ask for a personal opinion - that's mine...
If I were a juror or client, I would wonder if she'd care about my case or the person she was defending, if she didn't ever bother to look presentable. I suppose if you're drop dead gorgeous no one will notice, even than I'd wear mascara, a dab of eyeshadow and a bit of lip gloss.





You'll look a couple of years older which might be helpful, you'll look appealing, as long as you're not wearing to much, and you'll look professional.





When applied properly no one really notices makeup.





When not applied at all or too much is applied everyone notices.


Looks do count. That's just life.
yes i think so, but also, too much makeup makes u look like a slut. so iat has to be something in the middle
I wouldn't be so shallow as to judge her ability on her make up bag, I would be more concerned about her reputation to do the best possible job
I hardley use any make-up, If I do I use eyeliner and lip-gloss, If i use lipstick I use earth tones or frosty colors with lip-liners. And I still have a professional ambiance.
I am a lawyer and absolutely dislike female lawyers who do not wear makeup. If you want to look good to a jury or client, try to look always your best and makeup always helps.
clean natural-looking make-up would be good.
I'd go with Kat the lawyer on this one...If I encountered a person in a professional job that did not wear make-up, I would think it was strange, and they would not strike me as a serious professional. Makeup is a must, and don't cheap out on it...this is not a mistake you want to make. Wear something natural, but upscale and put together like Bobbi Brown.
natural beauty is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting