Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ei School of Professional Makeup or European School of Makeup ?

I'm considering this two schools to enroll, cause I want to become a Makeup Artist in California. Anyone have suggestions or has graduated from these schools ?





I am looking for something affordable and this two seem to be good. By the way I'm taking the subwayEi School of Professional Makeup or European School of Makeup ?
European School of Makeup is disgusting. The area is terrible, I came once for a tour and they were closed for lunch, when I had previously booked an appointment. I got to explore the area (DIRTY, DIRTY, DIRTY) came back 10 minutes later, and there were ONLY 2 students in the class, the instructor seemed confused, the secretary had no clue what to say, and the tour was 2 minutes waling on a double business kiosk. Honestly, I think the people who runs this school doesn't seem to have a clue of what they're doing and personally, I'd prefer Ei, since they're more experienced, Hollywood is a safer place if you use the subway, and it is also affordable. I know 2 graduates that have encouraged me to enroll in Ei, but I keep researching on other possibilities before committing. Here is my advice: go to the myspace site of any school you want to research about, and ask an ex student / graduate PRIVATELY pick one out from the top friends or list. I did that and got my own accurate conclusions.





Good luck !Ei School of Professional Makeup or European School of Makeup ?
I can't believe people keep biting these one, it makes me laugh.





If you want to do MU 4 movies, TV, learn basics I suggest you build a network, and choose your school carefully.





STAY AWAY from Downtown. Erase ESM of your list. It's not worth it.





These are affordable and experienced instructors that will be a good name in your resume, besides Ei:





www.dicksmithmake-up.com


www.studiomakeupacademy.com





YOU GOT TO GET Make-up Artist magazine. It has the best articles ever, and schools information.





www.makeupmag.com





Good luck !
Let's get real. MUA is not a real career. Just do it for fun. Learn on your own with youtube. If you are serious about learning, you won't need to pay, unless you want to waste your paren'ts money or need a place to spend the time.





The best MUArtists out there didn't even go to school.





All these schools are nothing but businesses. They won't say the truth. it's EXTREMELY hard out there for MUAs not only in California, but all over America. The only markets are Miami, NY %26amp; Los Angeles and all those are INFESTED with unemployed MUA's





I hope someone told me this since the beginning.





If you want to do beauty makeup, go to cosmetology school, with a license you might get a decent job as a nail technician, skin care or Stylist. Weddings and Retail will be your future with that. Are you still in ?
Type the name of the school on Google maps and read the reviews.





I don't recommend either, but one thing is obvious:





European School of Makeup just started, and has bad reputation. Downtown is a pain, no parking.





Ei School of Pro Makeup has more students, experience, better reviews. Besides, Hollywood = Cool name in your Resume

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting