Friday, December 11, 2009

Professional makeup artist?

I really want to hire a professional to do my makeup for my wedding day. I live in Upstate SC and I haven't been able to find anyone suitable as of yet. Mary Kay makes me break out, and the people behind the makeup counters in the department stores are just trying to sell me new products. There are plenty of people around who seem to be willing to give demonstrations of specific products they carry, but I want a true professional make up artist who can do airbrush make up, not someone who works for barely above minimum wage trying to sell makeup or does it as a hobby. Any suggestions on where to look for someone like this? There aren't really many spas in my area, so I doubt I can really look there. Has anyone else hired someone like this? What was the experience like? Were you happy with your makeup? How far in advance should I do a trial run? I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks!Professional makeup artist?
Alot of high end salons have make up artists.Professional makeup artist?
Try TheKnot.com and see if you can do a search on professional makeup artists.





Any good salon should have a trained makeup artist. If not, you could hire someone to travel to your house/ceremony/reception site and do your makeup there. It might be costly; however, I think it's well worth it. Especially since a bad makeup job will show up horribly in pictures.
I had a favorite make up person at a Dillards and we hired her when my girls got married. She did a fabulous job and appreciated the confidence I had in her.
Anu high end salon have make up artists. Any licensed beutician had to go throught make up classes to obtain their license, so all of them know. Ask your hairdresser, she show know you pretty well and design yoru make up.





You want to look like yourself, have someone that you know and trust do your make up.





Mary Kay...yikes! May I suggest Estee Lauder, their make up is worth every penny and their counter people are very helpful.





Good luck
sorry dont know really sorry
Hi. Is there a Merle Norman Cosmetics Studio in your area?


Go to www.merlenorman.com to locate a studio.





I am not a studio owner, but I buy Merle Norman cosmetics. They are definitely a level above Mary Kay. If there is one, you can go in for a FREE makeover/makeup session. Then, if you like it, you can book your wedding day makeup session with them. I can't tell you what they would charge for this service, because all studios are independently owned





That's my idea....check it out!
I would ask a trusted hairdresser. Also i have a friend who used someone from a department store. She went to her at the store for the run through and then the makeup artist came to her on the wedding day. I would ask around at any department store to see if they offer such a thing. My friend did buy the makeup not because of being forced to but because she liked it. She had also prearanged the date of the wedding before the run through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting