Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Want To Become A Professional Makeup Artist And Hopefully Work For MAC...What School Should I Go To?

I graduated from college with a degree in Political Science. My dream is to go to beauty school and become a professional makeup artist!





I really wanna work for MAC. What beauty school should I go too? How long does it take? What classes should I enroll in?





Also for anyone who knows (works, etc.) for MAC, if I wanna be a cashier at MAC (and not a makeup artist), do you think they will hire me? What are the qualifications for working at MAC? Is it hard to get a job there?





Thanks!I Want To Become A Professional Makeup Artist And Hopefully Work For MAC...What School Should I Go To?
I personally worked for Estee Lauder as a manager. Department stores hire the cosmetic associates but they must also interview with the cosmetic company. You are really working for two different companies...the store and the cosmetic company...but the store provides you with a paycheck. When you work at the counter you are considered a make-up artist at the counter. As you get more familiar with the products and meet people within the company its pretty easy to become a make-up artists that travels from store to store. The only down fall from that is that you are not guaranteed hours like you are at a counter in a dept store. And if you have to travel somewhere they don't pay for your travel espenses. I will tell you it's a lot of stress because you are expected to reach certain goals that can be hard to obtain. Overall, its a fun job. And you are not required to have gone to any school to get the job. The cosmetic companies provide a school for you seasonally that you attend. They are usually a lot of fun because you get pampered and get free product!I Want To Become A Professional Makeup Artist And Hopefully Work For MAC...What School Should I Go To?
elite,948-1000
Why not ask the girls that work there.





Go in for a free demo and take time to chat.





Ask questions about job related training and where to go.





Also ask about work there and what it would take to get an entry level position.





Go dressed to impress





Good Luck
First, I would go to an accredited cosmetology school and get your licence. I think its no more then a year or two program. Then I would apply in at MAC and start off there. If you tell them your passion for makeup and their company, I am sure you will get hired. Good luck to you!
If I were you I would go one day to Mac...see when they are not busy and tell them what you just told us. They will tell you what school they went to and why they like it or didnt. Ask all of them and you will have a better idea. I am not sure but I am thinking they are going to say proabably any makeup artist school....google it Oh yeah...I think they dont have cashiers seperately, the actual makeup artist rings it in for you...maybe on comission????

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting