Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Are you a professional makeup artist ?

Hey if you are i have a few questions : )


1. did you find it easy to get work?


2. what training did you do ?


3. do you have to have a natrual talent at art ?


4. what sort of work are you doing exactly ?





if you can answer any of these questions it would be a great help : ) thank youAre you a professional makeup artist ?
no but i want to be....Are you a professional makeup artist ?
i like being a makeup artist for a private cosmetics line. i got the trainings via the company, invested in the products--really professional silver box and all that---and make money presenting the line to people with their orders...and re-orders %26amp; referrals, plus commissions from my sales org. i don't charge for my services so don't require license, tho' some associates do for bridals or events for special clients.


looked into getting a license, too much $$ and time, i'd rather just demo the product and show application techniques. i do have an artist background but anyone can do this. good luck
I am a professional makeup artist with a custom cosmetic line. In answer to your questions:





1- Yes I find it easy to find work because everyone I know wears makeup and love the idea of having their own personal makeup artist that they can goto. Then of course they will refer other people to you just like a hairstylist. Also I work with several makeup artists so we all get gigs together.





2- I had no experience a year and a half ago when I started out but the line I work with has extensive training for everyone from no experience to experienced makeup artists who have worked with lines like Mac, Lancome, etc.





3- I am not at ALL artistic. It is all practice and experience, no natural talent.





4- I work with salons and spas in order to implement our products, we do weddings, fashion shows, photo-shoots, etc. You can check out www.sagemotives.com and also shoot me an email at savvyconcepts@comcast.net if you want more info! We are nation-wide! =)
i took classes in hollywood...i went to joe blasco make up academy but i honestly dont recommend it, its only an 11 week course and it costs $10,000. they barely touch on the basics of anything and the teachers arent very good...u do get 40% discount on blasco products for life but to be honest theyre not very good...its pretty hard to get work mainly because u need a portfolio for anyone to give u the time of day, but to get a portfolio you need work because the matetials u need for it cost money so to get the money u hafta get a job which will take up all ur time no blah blah blah...i dont have much art talent at all but i concider myself pretty good at the beauty portion of it all...you will find some makeup artists who will say that you cannot be a makeup artist unless ur amazing at art and you will find ones who say completely otherwise...i say otherwise..
1. I had to do allot of networking. But finding work has not been too hard for me. If there is no work I make work.





2. A few classes but mainly self taught.





3. It helps allot. Understanding color and shading is a major plus.





4. I do special effects mainly. I do consulting, injury simulation and prop building for a company that specializes in extremely realistic disaster drills. It's allot of military contract work.
Im a professional Makeup artist in the making... Still got another year to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting