Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Professional Makeup Costs?

How much would you be willing to pay for a professional makeup artist? This is someone that's not just in a random hair salon/spa. But, someone a step above. This would be a person who does makeup for TV, professional photos, print media, etc. This particular makeup artist uses airbrush makeup/foundation, as well.





It would include the wedding makeup and eyelash extensions.





What would you pay for this? What would be considered a decent price for a person with these qualifications and services? Professional Makeup Costs?
honestly, i wouldn't. for one, i can do my own make-up and well. also, you can find make-up artists in beauty schools, MAC consultants, etc that can do your make-up for close to free. I just would not be interested, but thats me. Professional Makeup Costs?
I did have a professional make up artist for mine. She has done TV, pro photos and some magazine work. SHe actually does the annual calendar for the BenGals. Her husband did my hair, he is a platform stylist. I did have eyelash extensions placed just in the corners of my eyes, individual lashes.They work on their own together and are opening a new glamour studio here soon but I only paid $125 and that included my trials for both. I would have paid much more than that considering the beautiful job they both did. They received a very nice tip from me though considering how low they kept my costs. He has previously worked on my hair though and they did my entire bridal party for $60 each. Happy clients means returning clients/business, and now they have plenty return business from the girls in my wedding. So I guess it works out.


I wouldn't pay anymore than $250 but that is just me. I can't see spending that much on hair and makeup for one day.
I am having a professional stylist do my makeup for my upcoming wedding in January. He's going to do the whole shebang...eyelash extension, airbrushed makeup, etc., and he has worked with many celebrities. The cost? It's quoted at $375 per hour. If it turns out the way I'm expecting it to, it will be worth every cent.
I found a make up consultant that works for Mary Kay. I didn't think that she would know what she was doing but I had a party anyway. She did my make up for free and did an awsome job, I loved it!!! My party bought some stuff from her and now she is going to do my lashes and make up for free. Try that maybe it will work for you.
My makeup artist charges 75 dollars and 120 to do makeup on location. And she is a professional, she does makeup for fashion shows, tv, movies, photoshoots, and videoshoots. And she does do airbrush also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting