Thursday, June 24, 2010

Can i carry over license hours from professional theatrical experience in the hair and makeup field?

I have quite a bit of experience as a makeup and hair designer/technician for several theatrical and film productions and I'm hoping to transition to fashion and photography. Unfortunately I think this means my B.F.A. means nothing and I need to become a licensed cosmetologist (a good move anyway). I've got my eyes set on a few schools but I was wondering if there was any reciprocity for professional theatrical work (which one does not need a license for oddly enough). I'm not expecting much but I'll take what I can get. If anyone knows or knows where I can find out I'd be super grateful.Can i carry over license hours from professional theatrical experience in the hair and makeup field?
I do not think so I am a cosmetologistCan i carry over license hours from professional theatrical experience in the hair and makeup field?
this question would be best asked of the licensing agency in the state where you wish to practice as a cosmetologist.





ask if it is possible to apply your academic hours and your field work toward the cosmetology license requirements, and tell them that you are willing to demonstrate your skills, if they would like you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting