Thursday, June 24, 2010

Makeup artist or bridal makeup professional, would you...?

...be offended if the bride brought her own makeup to use instead of using yours?





When I say ';own makeup,'; I'm referring to primer, foundation, powder, and mascara, specifically. See, I can't do makeup to save my life. So I'm paying a professional to do my bridal makeup. I can however, apply my foundation, translucent powder, and mascara. I have some core products that work well for my sensitive skin and give me wonderful results. I can't see parting with these products on my wedding day when they give me such amazing results. I would only want to use my own primer, foundation, powder, and mascara, the rest of the products used to create the look could belong to the artist. So, would you mind if a bride requested this from you? I'm so worried about breaking out from products that may not go with my skins chemistry on such an important day in my life.Makeup artist or bridal makeup professional, would you...?
That depends on where you get it done and on your individual make-up artist. Noone would be offended if you asked in advance and you made a deal, assuming that you didn't expect a reduced price or anything. That being said, many professional makeup artists have backgrounds as cosmetologists and have a lot of knowledge about producs. They may even be able to direct you towards products that are even better for your skin. Also, the shades and types of product you own may not be what the total look calls for. The makeup artist has many things to consider, lighting, clothing, an overall theme... it could mess him/her up quite a bit if you spring your own makeup collection on them as a surprise.


I have done some freelance work and wouldn't be offended as long as you didn't surprise me with it. You're the customer, you get to decide. I may or may not agree with you or advice you to do something else, but there would be no hard feelings.


If you are going to an artist that isn't freelance but employed by a store or product line, they may not allow you. These artists often work on comission and/or promotion of their brand and have contracts to use these products exclusively. And if they are work for comission, it's just plain rude to bring your own. You'd be stealing their time and not giving them the chance to earn any money.
  • If Denied STafford Loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    email hosting