Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Professional makeup career help please!!!!?

Im a freshman in college. Like many people I am pretty undecided on what i want to do with my life as a career. I have always been more on the arty side rather than on the academic. I was never a great student. I have always been fascinated with the film industry, especially people who do makeup and hair for the cast on the set of a movie or a photo shot.. I don't have any history with make up , except for what i put on y self. I was considering maybe going to school for something like this, if there even is any schools out there that are dedicated to it.





If you have any advise for me on how to help me get a better understating for a job like this, or any awesome schools, even better if someone has a job in this Field and could tell me a little bit about you r experience I would greatly appreciate it!





Thanks so much


~EmilyProfessional makeup career help please!!!!?
There are a couple different things you could do. One, Cosmetology School. That would allow you to do hair and nails on top of makeup (the whole package); which could open the door if you have more skills under your belt. Two, Aesthetition School will allow you to work on the face/skin. A lot of Aesthetitions I know carry makeup as well.


In most states, you don't have to have a license to do makeup. So starting your own business could be a step. Offering Bridal makeup, Formal Dances, parties, ect. I don't know where you live, but living in the right area helps, and knowing the right people.


Hope this helps, I'm a cosmetologist with friends who moved to LA to do makeup professionally right out of school. Professional makeup career help please!!!!?
you don't need to go to school forthat, you're a freshman, if ur in a 4 year school, you don't have to declare a major untill 3rd year





YOU NEED EXPERIENCE and a hell of a makeup collection, start practicing now, and do freelance work, keep a portfolio, and if you still wanna major in something like that, major in Business : )


I know ppl our age ( I'm 19 and also in college ) that are makeup artist at MAC, with no formal edu


all it takes is good skills, and lots of practice,


good luck
  • If Denied STafford Loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    email hosting