Thursday, June 24, 2010

How do I get trained by M.A.C. cosmetics or other professional brand makeup companies?

Hi.. I'm an aspiring makeup artist who is really eager to get into the makeup business. I have spoken with a makeup artist who suggested that I apply to places like M.A.C. or Bobbi Brown as a way to get more hands on experience. She said that they usually train all their makeup artists before they start selling and that it would be a good way to learn some techniques without going to an actual makeup school. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how you even go about this? Is there a website where I apply or do I apply through the makeup counter? Are they hired by the makeup company or the department store like Macy's for example? It doesn't have to be M.A.C. specifically it can be any cosmetics brand that is at a department store.How do I get trained by M.A.C. cosmetics or other professional brand makeup companies?
I want to do the same thing! I talked to a woman in Macy's who told me that you could just apply online (on Macy's website) and say that you would like to work in the cosmetics section of the store. She also said that they would train me, so I def think this is a great way to get experience with makeup! I will let you know if I find anything else out and I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if you find something. Thanks and good luck to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting