Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What all do I need to do to become a professional Makeup artist?

I finally found my passion in life which is making people look and feel beautiful. The thing is I have no idea where to begin. I checked out a few schools in Orlando, but they offer diplomas and I thought you need a license. I simply want to do just beauty and not the prosthetics part.





I'm also going to school for business right now, but I would like to start my career soon and finally start what I've been dreaming to do and make money. Please help! What should I do? Do I need a license? Will I be able to work anywhere with a diploma? What schools do you recommend in Orlando? Do I need to start a portfolio of all my work? Thank youWhat all do I need to do to become a professional Makeup artist?
FInd out what your state requires. Sometimes you need a license, other times you don't. Get business cards and hit the streets to market yourself. Use sites like www.modelmayhem.com, and www.modelcoast.com, to advertise your work., Find photographers on that site to work with you to help you get professional pictures of your work, and keep them in a portfolio. Ask brides if you can do their makeup for their wedding and ask for references if they are pleased. Advertise yourself on craigslist.org. Get a website. All of this will help keep your skill in tact while you are building your business. And don't quit your day job until you are well established. (www.beautybyayonna.com) Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting