Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Professional Makeup Artist's role?

Hi! I'm thinking of becoming a MUA and I wanted to get a better feel of what a MUA's role is during photoshoots. Is there a lot of touching up that has to be done after the inital application? What kind of training shoudl I have if I wanted to work at photoshoots?Professional Makeup Artist's role?
Since I am a model, and have had numerous MUA's work with me.. I think I can help.


MUA's should definitely have experience, and a portfolio of all the work. You should establish yourself and get known for the good work you do. Get business cards.. etc..


Usually you start off, the photographer or designer gives you the makeup idea, then you make it happen.. Throughout the shoot you will have to touch up if the model begins to sweat or if somethign smears or just goes wrong. If its inside, sometimes the photographer might just let you go, and not need you anymore.. It all depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting