Thursday, June 24, 2010

How can I modify my current makeup use to look more professional?

I am going to be working in an office for the first time, instead of Retail. I feel that my taste in makeup is too much for a professional office setting (secretary position). How can I keep my taste in makeup without looking too made up?





I normally wear a fair amount of black eyeliner on my bottom lids. The so-called ';cat eye';, but without dark lids. As eyeshadow color, I use Baked Sands by Physician's Formula. I have black mascara that doesn't do anything fancy (I already have thick long lashes). Sometimes I apply liquid liner on the top lids as well.





The eye makeup brings attention to my eyes, and away from the fact that I have a very round face. I use cover up, not foundation. I don't use colored lipstick/gloss. I don't use blush.How can I modify my current makeup use to look more professional?
Sounds good to me.


It's best to wear more earthy tones.


Browns, light pinks, bronze in the office.





People take you more seriously if your face is neutral.


You can be pretty, but not a drop dead bombshell and have men running after you.


Light mascara and eye liner.





Your regimen already sounds okay for the office.


Sometimes I even do the cat eye and wear black eyeshadowHow can I modify my current makeup use to look more professional?
In an office setting dark eye makeup is kind of an unspoken no-no. No one will flat out tell you that they don't want you wearing it but it's somewhat understood. Keep your makeup clean and natural. Instead of lining your eyes along the bottom, I would suggest a thin line on your upper lid. You are still drawing attention to your eyes in a much less severe way. I think making that one small change will make a big difference.
If you don't have acne or any blemishes, use just a loose powder. Then a brown or charcoal colored eyeliner on the top and bottom of your lid, but make sure its a line. Then use a light pink eye shadow on your upper lid. Then use a light pink lip gloss.





Make sure its very clean and fresh but still professional.





Hope it helps :)
Use neutral colours like brown, gold, tan/cream, pink etc, and instead of black eyeliner use brown to tone it down a bit and look more natural.


You said your eyelashes are long and thick (jealous :P) so it's optional if you want to use mascara or not but if you choose to then use brown. (:


Hope i helped x
This sounds fine to me. You went to an interview with that make up on then they obviously have no problem with that make up. By what make up you wear you sound quite young. So there really shouldn't be a problem. After all, your employer employed you for what you can do not how much or how little make you have on.
maybe wear calmer colors. like the warm colors-browns and pinks. and maybe not so much eye liner

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting